Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jack Ingram - Big Dreams & High Hopes



Hump Day is here. Sorry for the late posts, I was struck with an illness last night, and decided to sleep in a bit today. Nothing like being up at 2am and being sick! Anyways, it's a two-in-a-row JenInTosa suggestionathon! She's my country music expert, and I'm still working through a bunch of her suggestions from last October. Craziness. Anyways, Mr. Ingram. Born in 1970 in Texas and started making music in 1992. He attended SMU (Southern Methodist) in Texas and studied psychology, but focused a lot on his music. He got his start by singing in a bar near the TCU (Texas Christian) campus down in Fort Worth. He toured the state of Texas, opening up for other local country acts. His first studio record dropped in 1992 on an independent label, eventually getting signed by Warner Bros records, and hitting it big. He's now with a label called 'Big Machine Records' - which I don't think I've ever heard of. I'm reading that this album was a bit different than his previous works, with critics saying it had "more guts". Whatever that means. Unanimously though, it seems to lack any sort of distinctive sound, which most people are pointing out. I'm not really sure what I'd classify it as...it's definitely country music, but seems to have a little pop/rock flair to it. This came out in August of 2009 and it doesn't look like it has been certified by the RIAA. It made the Top 20 on the country charts, but that's about it. I'm not sure this album will be very memorable for me or not. It's certainly not bad, but I'm tending to agree with others, in that nothing really sticks in my head.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Free
2. Barefoot and Crazy
3. That's a Man
4. Seeing Stars
5. Not Giving Up on Me
6. Barbie Doll
7. Big Dreams & High Hopes
8. Heartache
9. Man in Your Life
10. King of Wasted Time
11. In the Corner

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Big Dreams & High Hopes
2. Heartache
3. Barbie Doll

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment