Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, July 12, 2010

Weezer - Red Album



Okay, so this is nothing new - or something you've never heard before. But I've never hidden my love for Weezer. I grew up loving them, and they keep putting out really good music. (Ratitude and Make Believe set aside). I really needed something great to get the bad taste of HU out of my ears. If you recall, I gave a perfect 5 out of 5 review to Weezer's illustrious Blue Album. Well B Siders, this one is NOT far behind it. I absolutely love this album! It runs the gambit of awesome. Fast paced pop tracks to sing and dance to, slow brooding tracks to ponder over and lyrically awesome tracks that make you want to write and write. I think it's fair to say I loved this from first listen - which is rare for me. ...And many of you may think that I like this purely because I love Weezer - but that's simply false. It's typically the bands I love most I'm most critical of, because I expect genius out of every single track they ever record. So - yeah, don't think that. The only way I can show you how great this is, is to encourage ya'll to listen to it. And make sure you pick up the 'Deluxe Edition', because the four bonus tracks are all either good, quite good or really good. One that's teetering on great. I think I'm going to encourage my writing protege to do something Weezer related this week. We'll see - no promises. This just made my Monday better, so I'm going to run through this at least twice to make my Monday go by like lightning. You should too - Happy Monday B Side!!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Troublemaker
2. Greatest Man That Ever Lived, The (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)
3. Pork and Beans
4. Heart Songs
5. Everybody Get Dangerous
6. Dreamin'
7. Thought I Knew
8. Cold Dark World
9. Automatic
10. Angel and the One, The
BONUS TRACKS:
11. Miss Sweeney
12. Pig
13. Spider, The
14. King

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The Angel And The One
2. Dreamin'
3. King

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment