Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Adam Sandler - They're All Gonna Laugh At You



Sometimes changes of pace are really necessary during the week. And every so often I flip on a comedy album to change my pace. I know Shaqwanda has mentioned in some suggestions that she feels the same way at times. And this album is an oldie but goodie. This came out WAY back in 1993 and frankly, I was too young to really understand half the jokes. Here I am now, nearly 17 years older and I get all the jokes, and thankfully - my sense of humor is still sophomoric. So yeah, I can listen to this today, and it's still hilarious. This album is a shocking 3x platinum - which is HUGE for a comedy album. Sandler hasn't dropped an album in nearly a decade, and from what I understand, his latest ones weren't as good as this one. Maybe he's grown up a little too much? He did after all have a movie called 'Grown Ups'...so who knows. Almost every track on this makes me laugh. All the silly voices and the crazy ideas behind it...they really make you wonder. I mean, Tenacious D might lead the world in odd ideas to sing about - but this isn't too far behind. I mean, who thinks about putting on an old man voice, and shout into the phone about being confused over a dial tone and the lady that tells you to hang up the phone. We've all heard the Thanksgiving Song too...which is a holiday staple. Grab this one today...it's a good one.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Assistant Principal's Big Day
2. Buffoon and the Dean of Admissions, The
3. Buddy
4. Longest Pee, The
5. Food Innuendo Guy
6. Beating of a High School Janitor, The
7. Right Field
8. Buffoon and the Valedictorian, The
9. Mr. Spindel's Phone Call
10. Thanksgiving Song, The
11. Beating of a High School Bus Driver, The
12. Oh Mom...
13. Fatty McGee
14. At a Medium Pace
15. Beating of a High School Science Teacher, The
16. Cheerleader, The
17. I'm So Wasted
18. Lunchlady Land
19. Beating of a High School Spanish Teacher, The
20. Toll Booth Willie
21. Teenage Love on the Phone
22. My Little Chicken

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Toll Booth Willie
2. Lunchlady Land
3. At A Medium Pace

FINAL RATING:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment