Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Green Day - Insomniac



A really long time ago now, I did a little Green Day introspective. From that, you may recall my adoration for older Green Day albums. When it was time to review an alt rock record today...I was just strumming through my list. I contemplated doing some other bands today - then I came across this album. It's literally been forever since I listened to this start to finish. I bought this right away when it came out in 1995. I was so high on the Dookie album I figured anything put out by them as a follow up had to be just as solid. Well back when I was all of 12 years old...this didn't quite satisfy my music palette. I thought this was a bit of a let down. Yeah, I know - shameful. As I'm older and I listen again, I really appreciate the sound. It's just like Dookie, except maybe a little less pop and a little more heavy rock than punk. And it rocks your socks off at different points. It's only 2x platinum in the states, which tells me a lot of you guys probably don't know about this. You may have listened to the popular tracks and didn't figure it was worth the purchase. Well - you're wrong! I checked Best Buy, and it's only 7.99! It's so incredibly worth that price! That's almost like going to Half Price Books or something and picking up up used. Highly recommend. The cover art is fun, and the booklet opens up into a larger poster. Even though I didn't love the record, I loved displaying that poster when I was a kid. Kick it old school today and pop this in. And listen to it one more time. You'll be surprised.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Armatage Shanks
2. Brat
3. Stuck With Me
4. Geek Stink Breath
5. No Pride
6. Bab's Uvula Who?
7. 86
8. Panic Song
9. Stuart and the Ave.
10. Brain Stew
11. Jaded
12. Westbound Sign
13. Tight Wad Hill
14. Walking Contradiction

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Brain Stew (toss Jaded in there since it came out as a double single)
2. Walking Contradiction
3. Stuck With Me

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment