Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Journey - Escape



Can you believe I've been blogging for about a year and a half and I've never reviewed any Journey? How does that even make sense? Regardless, who doesn't love Journey? I mean, they're one of the best bands of all time. Wait, that's going way too far. They're just a band that put out a lot of really catchy music for a lot of years. Unlike my Abdul review - I do find their music stands the test of time, and a couple songs are actually even better today than they were years ago. This album came out in 1981 and is sitting at a cool 9x platinum in the states. It featured four Hot 100 singles, with the headlining 'Don't Stop Believin' only hitting number 9. The highest charting song ended up being 'Open Arms' which got all the way up to number 2. While I think this albums talks a lot about relationships and growing up and all that comes along with those two things - it isn't an album that musically feels restricted to those themes. Meaning - it's kind of timeless music talking about timeless subject matters. And I'm not attempting to imply this album is flawless or anything - but start to finish, it's extremely well done. I mean, the album was so inspiring they created a video game, Journey Escape for the Atari 2600. How many musical acts could say the had a video game in 1981? Not many - that's the answer to my own question. This is very much worth checking out today. And I'd be stunned if anyone took away a feeling of hatred or even dislike for this record. It's really good, and that's all I need to say.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Don't Stop Believin'
2. Stone In Love
3. Who's Crying Now
4. Keep On Runnin'
5. Still They Ride
6. Escape
7. Lay It Down
8. Dead Or Alive
9. Mother, Father
10. Open Arms

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Don't Stop Believin'
2. Open Arms
3. Who's Crying Now

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment