Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, July 18, 2011

Band Of Horses - Infinite Arms



Huh..I'm so shattered right now. I was digging through some music over the weekend and I thought I had this new, cool band to introduce you all to. Queued up this record and had it all ready to feature this morning. As I was typing the band name into my magic spreadsheet - the autofill option wanted to kick in. Meaning, I had already reviewed these guys. Sure enough, around Christmas time last year, I got to their first album. Son of a ...! Oh well, this is still a good band to profile, as I was reading through my first impression of their debut record - I really enjoyed it. And as I was weeding through this one, I found myself with the same emotional connection to the original record. This came out in May of 2010, and was nominated for a grammy in the best alternative category. The neat piece of this album was, there was no financial support from a record label upon making it. The band had left their previous label but wanted to keep the train going in terms of making good, quality music. Most of the tracks on this album were written while half the band was staying in a cabin in northern Minnesota - near Canada's border. And this album isn't a let down in terms of if you were a fan of the previous two records. The sound is similar, but different enough you wouldn't get bored with it. And for newbies to Band Of Horses, the sound if pretty unique. I made a comparison to MMJ last time, and that's probably the closest I can come up with sound wise. This is a really cool record. Different enough to feel new, but similar enough to make you feel like you're right at home. Give these guys a shot. They're creeping up my list of best bands you're not listening to.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Factory
2. Compliments
3. Laredo
4. Blue Beard
5. On My Way Back Home
6. Infinite Arms
7. Dilly
8. Evening Kitchen
9. Older
10. For Annabelle
11. NW Apt.
12. Neighbor

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Blue Beard
2. On My Way Back Home
3. Laredo

FINAL RATING:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment