Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Burial - Untrue



Dubstep is everywhere nowadays. Probably without any of you guys even knowing it - it's created quite a bit of controversy in the music world. Why? Well, many DJ's feel the dubstep guys are lazy - and that they can't produce their own solid beats. If you listen to this today - you'll be able to hear how it varies from other more mainstream dance acts out there. This isn't 'techno' in the sense you're going to hear it at the club per se, but it's very electronic, and very beaty. In fact, my James Blake album that I love is so low frequency, loud bass that I have to skip a track or two in the car. Even if I turn the bass down - it's just not meant to be played over a certain volume I think. This doesn't seem to be hitting quite as hard, but we'll see. William Bevan is the man behind the moniker - and he was born in London. This was released in November of 2007 to an INCREDIBLE amount of praise. Honestly, most critics are giving this a 4+ review - with a number giving the full five stars. Crazy. What's pretty cool, is how many samples you can hear over this record. I'm hearing some Christina Aguilera sampling here and even some Beyonce. It's all super stretched out and funky - but cool. The album artwork for this is really neat too. The drawing on the front cover is at the very least, a conversation piece. I really like dubstep anyway, but I really like this. The genre isn't for everyone - but I really vibe with what guys like Burial are doing. On top of being awesome, I'm going to give this a high rating so more people join the revolution.

TRACK LISTING:
1. [Untitled]
2. Archangel
3. Near Dark
4. Ghost Hardware
5. Endorphin
6. Etched Headplate
7. In McDonalds
8. Untrue
9. Shell of Light
10. Dog Shelter
11. Homeless
12. UK
13. Raver

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Ghost Hardware
2. UK
3. Archangel

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment