Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Evanescence - The Open Door



Every so often I get something in the Suggestion Box that is a repeat of something I've already done. I know I need to get a better "search" function - but I just haven't had the time to dive into it lately. Sometime...I swear. Anyway, follower Ashley asked that I take a peek at any Evanescence album - which I reviewed their 'Fallen' record just over a year ago. The simple search for them in the blog brings it up, but something like 5 or 6 pages below the top. It's there though. Regardless of that one, I'll happily do another record by them - because I adore Amy Lee's voice. It's got this impact on me I can't really describe - but I feel her passion come through in the music. And usually that means it's someone screaming into the microphone and getting emotional. Not her. Really smooth, quality vocals - very polished, but still very full of feeling and emotion. Love it. This record is a mere 2x platinum after their debut drop hit a solid 7. Overall the sound varies quite a bit. Starts hard with 'Sweet Sacrifice' and 'Sober' - but by the end slows down to the incredibly well done 'Good Enough'. If you took those three tracks, you have a heck of a start to a record. It's the stuff in the middle on this album where it lacks the luster. Still a really solid album - just not going to be knocking down the door of any "top of" lists anytime soon. They have another record due out in October this year, so it'll be intriguing to see if they keep this kind of style or mix it up. I do like this though, and I really like the band. Very much worth checking out today.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Sweet Sacrifice
2. Call Me When You're Sober
3. Weight of the World
4. Lithium
5. Cloud Nine
6. Snow White Queen
7. Lacrymosa
8. Like You
9. Lose Control
10. Only One, The
11. Your Star
12. All That I'm Living For
13. Good Enough

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Good Enough
2. Call Me When You're Sober
3. Sweet Sacrifice

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment