Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, January 3, 2011

Brandon Boyd - Wild Trapeze



Holy cats. Looking through it this morning, it's been a LONG time since I rolled out some flat out music for you guys. The Christmas adventure was pretty fun though - and I really appreciate all the feedback you guys gave me! My eyes have been opened to some new holiday tunes - some of them I really enjoyed! But on to what my favorite thing in this world is, exploring new music. Follower haypeterman entered into the Suggestion Box this new artist named Brandon Boyd. I think I may have heard of thim before, but I'm not sure I heard any of his stuff. If you decide to listen to this today, you'll notice the vocal sounds eerily familiar. I was able to place it, but maybe some of you won't be able to. He's the lead singer of Incubus. This is his only solo record to date, and it came out fairly recently. Just in July of last year in fact. (wow, saying "last year" to refer to 2010 - that's going to take some getting used to) Mr. Boyd here has a pretty interesting background. He has written two books and has dabbled in creating some fine art. He's certainly got a lot going on. Incubus hasn't dropped anything in a couple years now, so he's probably working on something with them again too. We'll see. But in terms of this solo stuff - I think if you enjoy Incubus, you'll enjoy this. It's got a very similar feel to it. Nice laid back vocal with some reasonably crazy beats and arrangements. I enjoy it. I think he's got a very unique voice, and that's something that comes through even in the band setting. His lyrics are always a touch off the wall, and that's something else I like about this one. No stray from that. Take a listen, and welcome back in a sense. Hopefully 2011 is just as fun on the B Side as 2010 was!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Wild Trapeze, The
2. Here Comes Everyone
3. Dance While The Devil Sleeps
4. A Night Without Cars
5. Revenge of the Spectral Tiger
6. Courage and Control
7. Runaway Train
8. Last Night A Passenger
9. Mirror of Venus
10. All Ears Avow!

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Courage And Control
2. Last Night A Passenger
3. Runaway Train

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment