Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, January 17, 2011

Fall Out Boy - Take This To Your Grave



Monday strikes back with a vengeance today. Not sure about you all - but I need some really good tunes to get me going this morning. My resident punk rock guru Shaqwanda tossed another Fall Out Boy record into the box. She states this is the only album they have that's worth listening to. Well, I'll be the judge of that! (I'm kidding, I'm not that self centered) FOB and I have an odd relationship. In general I don't care much for their music, but I do find myself listening to their stuff every so often. It's very strange. I don't know what it is about their sound - but it gets my toes tapping. I reviewed their 'Cork Tree' album months ago now, and it got a very average review from me. I brought up in that last review that they're no longer making music. That appears to be even more permanent now too. They've started other projects after the breakup, and I understand a couple of them are going pretty well. So for all you FOB fans (if there are any left) don't hold your breath for another record. This album dropped in 2003 and is a mere gold status. Normally when I listen to FOB - I don't listen to full albums, just a bunch of tracks on shuffle. There are two or three from this album that I recognized off the top of my head. Which was nice. It's surprising to me then, that this album saw such poor sales. Plus the fact Shaqwanda still enjoys it, and she loves this style of tuneage. I'm actually going to encourage you to pick this up today. It's pretty upbeat and not at all offensive. It's not amazing, but I'm tending to agree this might be their best work.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Tell That Mick He Just Made My List of Things to Do Today
2. Dead on Arrival
3. Grand Theft Autumn / Where Is Your Boy
4. Saturday
5. Homesick at Space Camp
6. Sending Postcards From a Plane Crash (Wish You Were Here)
7. Chicago Is So Two Years Ago
8. Pros and Cons of Breathing, The
9. Grenade Jumper
10. Calm Before the Storm
11. Reinventing the Wheel to Run Myself Over
12. Patron Saint of Liars and Fakes, The

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy
2. Saturday
3. Chicago Is So Two Years Ago

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

4 comments:

  1. i dig patrick stumpf's voice, but not crazy about FOB. except for the song '7 minutes in heaven (atavan halen)' which is awesome. i think i remember mildly enjoying their shows when i would pay $8 to see them play with other bands. that's about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw them play before someone small YEARS ago. I think they were still perfecting their live performances. But I never saw them once they were huge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. me either, and i'm ok with that.

    ReplyDelete