Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours



Been down one time. Been down two times...mmmmmm - never going back again. Let me make this totally clear, I'm not a huge Fleetwood Mac guy. I honestly respect everything they do though. It seems like they've been very instrumental in influencing many artists I love today. Their songs are typically pretty catchy, and lyrically very solid. This album dropped in 1977 and is a SICK 19x platinum. And even if you think you've never heard a Fleetwood song before, listen to this. I can promise that you'll hear at least 4 songs that you've heard before. It actually even surprised me how much I knew off this record. Love it. These guys formed in 1967 London. The drummers name is Mick Fleetwood - and that's where the name comes from. He's the only original member still in the band. Stevie Nicks is a fairly well known member of the band at this point. If you've never heard her flat out sing - she's got a great set of pipes. Very unique voice too. I can't think of anyone else that sounds quite like her. She started with the band just a couple years before this album dropped. Prior to her joining, only one album (out of 10) had gone even 1x platinum. This is BY FAR their best selling album, but 4 others after Nicks joined have gone at least 2x platinum. Maybe that's coincidence, maybe she's just that good. Who knows. But I really enjoy this. I don't think I own it, but I'm going to pick it up. That's my testimonial. I'm going to spend real money on it. Listen to it today!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Second Hand News
2. Dreams
3. Never Going Back Again
4. Don't Stop
5. Go Your Own Way
6. Songbird
7. Chain, The
8. You Make Loving Fun
9. I Don't Want to Know
10. Oh Daddy
11. Gold Dust Woman

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The Chain
2. Never Going Back Again
3. Don't Stop

4. Go Your Own Way
5. Second Hand News
6. You Make Loving Fun
7. Gold Dust Woman

Yeah, it's that good!

FINAL RATING:
5 out of 5 stars

3 comments:

  1. WOW, 5 out of 5! Awesome.

    I'm sure I've heard many Fleetwood Mac songs but my all time favorite is 'Silver Spring' (live version too). I first heard that song maybe 11 years ago. My mom had it on tape for the car. Ohh my goodness, your bringing back so many memories.

    ♦Riding in that car to my aunts house while mom went to work.♦

    ♦Rides with her running errands.♦

    Man they are a good group :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not my first 5 or anything! Jeez! I've even given out 5+'s!

    Great album. I'll have to look up that track again, it's not ringing a bell.

    And thanks janis. I love comments!

    ReplyDelete