Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, April 18, 2011

Fitz And The Tantrums - Pickin' Up The Pieces



The only thing that ever makes me not look forward to coming back and running through more delicious music for you guys - is sleep deprivation. I feel like I've gotten like 4 hours of sleep over the weekend, and am considering passing out at my desk this afternoon. That's all about to change though - with Shaqwanda's request that I look into Fitz & The Tantrums here. This band formed just a couple years ago in Los Angeles, California. "Fitz" aka Michael Fitzpatrick has a cast of 5 other bandmates that make up the Tantrums. They issued a small EP in 2009 with Dreambird Records - that saw enough solid success to be signed to a full length record. That my friends is this very album - which came out in August of last year. I can't recall ever hearing their name before, which is kind of surprising. I am an avid Conan watcher, and they performed on his show not long ago. They also contributed 'Moneygrabber' to an episode of Criminal Minds - which I also watch weekly. They lent a song to Desperate Housewives - but that show isn't my style. Anyways, they had a nice tour with Maroon 5 in 2010 and now they'll be hitting the road with April Smith on an international tour. Style? Sick soul music. Maybe a slight indie rock lean after that, but it's very upbeat catchy soul music. You can even hear what sounds like a souped up church organ on a couple songs. Simply put, this is going to climb my list of music I'm obsessed with for a while. The album is sub $10 bucks at various locations, so I'm thinking I'll pick it up. You guys should all check it out - as my toes have been tapping all morning!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Breakin' the Chains of Love
2. Dear Mr. President
3. Pickin' Up the Pieces
4. MoneyGrabber
5. L.O.V.
6. News 4 You
7. Don't Gotta Work It Out
8. Rich Girls
9. Winds of Change
10. Tighter

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. MoneyGrabber
2. Dear Mr. President
3. Tighter

FINAL RATING:
4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment