Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Courteeners - Falcon



Wednesday brings another review out of the Suggestion Box. Today it's Shaqwanda again, and her request for the Courteeners. Not only do I not know what a courteener is, I've never heard of them before. Turns out they are from England and formed around 2006. A relatively new band..probably one of the newest bands I've ever reviewed. Kind of a cool story, all of the band members have known each other since they were 10 years old. I like stories like that...kind of a group of kids living their dream. Falcon is the second studio album released by these gents, and it came out earlier this year - in February. Sounds like the goal of this was to be more mainstream than their first album, St. Jude. Many artists do that, the first record sounds a little sloppy in places, or the sound doesn't quite blend for something on the radio. So the second album they're more conscious of that sort of thing. I don't think there is really anything that I can compare this to. It's fairly different. But then again, I'm not really up on what's big across the pond. I think this is alright, nothing I'd rush out and buy with my hard earned money. The vocals are solid, the arrangements are neat. One of the tracks I enjoy makes use of the xylophone as well as a triangle. You don't hear that very often. Nothing super earth shattering though in terms of lyric or sound. But good enough to give a listen to. Check 'em out, let me know what you think.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Opener, The
2. Take Over the World
3. Cross My Heart & Hope to Fly
4. You Overdid It Doll
5. Lullaby
6. Good Times Are Calling
7. Rest of the World Has Gone Home, The
8. Sycophant
9. Cameo Brooch
10. Scratch Your Name Upon My Lips
11. Last of the Ladies
12. Will It Be This Way Forever?

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Take Over The World
2. Cameo Brooch
3. You Overdid It Doll

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment