Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kings Of Leon - Come Around Sundown




Tuesday can only mean one thing - well two things actually, but you've already read Techno Tuesday's entry, so on to New Music Tuesday! Quick story about KoL, if you're at all into sports, you know that Ohio State played UW at Camp Randall this week in what was a huge game. ESPN's College Gameday was taped at the Camp that morning, and they almost always have a celebrity picker for the bigger games. Now, this person usually has some sort of tie to the state, the school - something. Anything. Well, it ends up being Nathan Followill - the drummer from Kings. He's not from here, he's not a fan of UW's, nothing. Biggest flop for a guest ever. Anyhow, I reviewed their previous album not all that long ago. I enjoyed it - this one doesn't seem to be too much different in terms of overall sound and style. Yet another record that was released in other countries days before the states. Still can't quite figure out why that happens all the time. The big single off this album thusfar is 'Radioactive', and it's pretty good. I don't think it has the star generating power that 'Use Somebody' had - but it's still good. I'm not sure how to grade this one. While I enjoy it, it's by no means outstanding or something I'd listen to on a very regular basis. But it's certainly above average. Tough call. I might have to give this a few more go 'rounds before I make a final decision on it. I think at some point I need to see these guys live. That might give me a better appreciation of their tuneage. Anyway, give this a shot today. Help me understand why it's better than a pretty good album.

TRACK LISTING:
1. End, The
2. Radioactive
3. Pyro
4. Mary
5. Face, The
6. Immortals, The
7. Back Down South
8. Beach Side
9. No Money
10. Pony Up
11. Birthday
12. Mi Amigo
13. Pickup Truck

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The Immortals
2. Radioactive
3. The End

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment