Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Star One - Victims Of The Modern Age



Round 2 of my incredibly strange reviews continues with Star One. These guys also have a bit of an electronic feel thusly combining my New Music Tuesday entry with my Techno Tuesday entry. These guys are more hmm, hard rock than anything though. I think they use the electronics to enhance the guitar sound. Which is pretty cool. Of the two artists I looked at today, my guess is there is a better shot you've heard of these fellas than the last guy. This almost plays through from start to finish like an opera. You could easily have some sort of crazy play going on in the background to it. It has that sort of feel. Maybe a Trans Siberian Orchestra style feel? Yeah, that's what I'll go with. It's kind of neat. I wouldn't turn it on all the time or anything, but listening to it this one time today has me intrigued. All I really know about these guys is that they are a Dutch band. There isn't a whole lot of great information about either Star One or Avey Tare. I'm really opening the door to new music today. Not just new in the sense of it being released today - but also genre wise and to your ear wise something you've probably never sampled before. Check 'em out. I cannot say with any confidence that you'll like it, but you might be surprised that music like this is even out there. Step out of your comfort zone today B Siders!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Down The Rabbit Hole
2. Digital Rain
3. Earth That Was
4. Victim Of The Modern Age
5. Human See, Human Do
6. 24 Hours
7. Cassandra Complex
8. It's Alive, She's Alive, We're Alive
9. It All Ends Here
10. Two Plus Two Equals Five
11. Lastday
12. Closer To the Stars
13. Knife Edge
14. Making of Victims of the Modern Age, The

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Cassandra Complex
2. Human See, Human Do
3. Down The Rabbit Hole

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment