Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lil Wayne - I Am Not A Human Being



New Music Tuesday is here! Here-ye, here-ye! I love new music Tuesday. It's always my favorite. Debuting new tuneage is so much fun - because I have no idea if I like something or not. Sure - it's also very fun to go back to old classics, but getting to the new stuff always feels like unwrapping a present at Christmas. A certain excitement comes along with it. Anyway - it's Weezy today. I think I've chronicled on the B Side before how Weezy is one of the hardest working rappers out there. He's the mixtape king in addition to dropping studio stuff usually every year. Now, he's slated to drop Tha Carter IV sometime in 2011 - and it sounds like he wanted a little something to bridge the gap between his last one and that. When 'Rebirth' came out earlier this year, it got very mixed reviews. I don't think that surprised anyone, as it was another Weezy experiment. This one is right there too. Seems to me he took a few more risks on this album too, which might yield some people to tune out. There once again isn't any signature Weezy flow and sick lyrics like he gave us with the phenomenal Tha Carter III. This album was also recorded prior to him going to prison for nine months. So as I understand it, Lil Wayne wasn't able to take part in any of the commercial production of this album. He had a lot of faith in his people to represent his tastes. And this oddly came out electronically two weeks ago - meaning they wanted to drive up the download sales and not the physical album ones. Odd move, not sure why you'd do that. Maybe it'll become more popular? Time will tell. Anyway - I think this is really close. My top track is one of the best rap songs I've heard in a while, and then the rest are all pretty good. If there were maybe two more outstanding tracks, this one would be right up there with his best of all time. But this new sound is really growing on me, and I fully expect Carter IV to be an awesome blend of new and old Weezy sound. I'm excited. Until then, check this one out. YOUNG MONEY!!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Gonorrhea
2. Hold Up
3. With You
4. I Am Not a Human Being
5. I'm Single
6. What's Wrong with Them
7. Right Above It
8. Popular
9. That Ain't Me
10. Bill Gates
11. YM Banger
12. YM Salute
13. I Don't Like the Look of It

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Right Above It
2. Gonorrhea
3. I'm Single

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment