Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Jamiroquai - Synkronized



Techno Tuesday funks its way back to the B Side with Jamiroquai. Now, I know what you're thinking. B Side, are they really a techno band? I would tell you devoted followers first and foremost, thanks for the question. I really appreciate the feedback. And then I'd say, sure. They're as much dance as they are anything else. They technically get a label of 'funktronic' which doesn't really fit my narrow minded genre scheming. So techno it is!! And please, don't focus too much that I asked myself a question up there. I know I did, let it slide. =) Anyway, as many electronic artists - they're British. For some reason the genre is littered full of Brits. I guess the whole revolution never hit the states that hard. The other thing that's odd, I've noticed most people think Jamiroquai is one man - but it's a full band. 6 members today, and they've seen their share of transfers. They have seven studio albums out there today, first being way back in 1993 and the latest coming in '05. Another new one is slated to debut in just a couple weeks - early November. I can't say I'm too geared up to listen to it, as I've never been a huge fan of the tuneage. I think this record is a prime example. There are some fun tracks to toe tap to - but all in all, falls short of being anything super memorable. 10 tracks, maybe 2 are ones I'd actively want to hear over and over. Still worth checking out today if you need something to groove on, otherwise, go back to your favorite dance album ever. You'll enjoy that one way more.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Canned Heat
2. Planet Home
3. Black Capricorn Day
4. Soul Education
5. Falling
6. Destitute Illusions
7. Supersonic
8. Butterfly
9. Where Do We Go from Here?
10. King for a Day

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Canned Heat
2. Planet Home
3. Destitute Illusions

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. i would put canned heat in my top 50 all time songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Of all time??? Crazy high praise.

    I like it, but not as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete