Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dirty Vegas - Self Titled



What's crazy for me today, is that it's actually Tuesday. Going to the concert Saturday and then driving up to Lambeau Field on Sunday to watch the Packers play, it was a long weekend. Thusly, I took off work yesterday. Coming back today sure feels like a Monday - but alas, it's TECHNO TUESDAY!! Today I bring you guys a band you most certainly heard one song from. 'Days Go By' was made famous by the Mitsubishi commercials back in the early 00's. Great jam. Anyway, two guys with the last name of Harris make up the beats...and they are of no relation. Another gent Steve Smith does the vocals which creates this British house trio. They ended up splitting for a few years, but as most bands to - they got back together in the 2008ish timeframe. They keep talking about dropping another album, but I cannot find anything in the works. Regardless of all that, this album is fairly sub par on my techno scale. Days Go By is obviously an outstanding track, but after that, it lacks in really beating me in the face with beats. The Acoustic version of DGB might be the 2nd best track on here, which is kind of a cop out for a dance record. It's probably worth listening to if you're a beatnut, otherwise, I'd probably move on today if I were you.

TRACK LISTING:
1. I Should Know
2. Ghosts
3. Lost Not Found
4. Days Go By
5. Throwing Shapes
6. Candles
7. All or Nothing
8. Alive
9. 7am
10. Brazilian, The
11. Simple Things, Pt. 2
12. Days Go By (Okenfold Remix)
13. I Should Know
14. Days Go By (Acoustic)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Days Go By
2. Ghosts
3. Throwing Shapes

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment