Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, November 15, 2010

George Strait - Carrying Your Love With Me



B Siders - it's Monday. The cure for a tough Monday ahead is always a little tuneage right? Exactly. Blog devotees will recall I reviewed George Strait WAY back in April. Hard to believe it's been so long. His 'Blue Clear Sky' album received a generally positive review from me. That album was requested by JenInTosa - and oddly enough, this album came out directly after that one (1996 and 1997 respectively) but this album was requested by Shaqwanda. By the way Shaqwanda, this was the last of your country based suggestions - so if you have more, let me know. Now, I recall being positive about Strait because it wasn't an annoying country music. He switches up the melodies and arrangements and also doesn't keep up the same tone while singing. I wasn't sure back then if it was just one album, or if I'd maybe grow to enjoy Mr. Strait since that had been the first album I'd ever listened to by him. Well, I think he might be growing on me. This record is also very tolerable. Country never will be my go to genre, but every so often I throw on some Cash - and I'd always be willing to add an artist or two to that rotation. Strait would now be on my list. A couple tracks on this album are very captivating lyrically - which I don't frequently identify with this brand of music. I'm impressed. I highly recommend giving this a shot today. If you're a country fan, I have to think you've already got this someone tucked away. If country isn't your thing, give it a shot. I'm surprised Strait doesn't get more publicity than he does. He's worth it.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Round About Way
2. Carrying Your Love with Me
3. One Night at a Time
4. She'll Leave You With a Smile
5. Won't You Come Home (And Talk to a Stranger)
6. Today My World Slipped Away
7. I've Got a Funny Feeling
8. Nerve, The
9. That's Me (Every Chance I Get)
10. Real Good Place to Start, A

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The Nerve
2. Carrying Your Love With Me
3. She'll Leave You With A Smile

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment