Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Killers - Sam's Town



As much as I do not have a 'punk rock' prowess, I have a big ol' soft spot for the Killers. I reviewed 'Hot Fuss' way back in March, and it got favorable reviews. As most of you know, I have a man crush on 'All These Things That I've Done'. I simply think it's one of the best songs ever created. I own that album, but I don't listen to it nearly as much as I do this one. Quite frankly, this album is rock solid. 100% pure old fashioned fun listening. Plenty of tracks to sing along with, and to tap your toes to. I picked this up not really having heard anything off of it. I mean, years later I think the only song that really hit mainstream is 'When You Were Young', which honestly isn't one of my favorites. It shocks me that this album is only platinum in the states. Hot Fuss was 3x platinum in the states, which I suppose speaks more to the fact it had the three big singles. People couldn't get enough Mr. Brightside for some reason. I didn't really get it then, and don't get it now. When you go to a dance club, and you hear your rock track remixed into a techno gold mine, you know you've hit it bit. Just sayin'. Anyway, this album is pretty different from the first. I feel like their sound matured a little bit, and created something more powerful. Not just pop sensation-ish. This is very much worth a solid listen today. Not just a background piece while working. Really give this a go and listen to what they're telling you. There are only 1 or maybe 2 tracks that I tend to skip. The rest I really enjoy. I think you will too. Happy Thursday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Sam's Town
2. Enterlude
3. When You Were Young
4. Bling (Confession of a King)
5. For Reasons Unknown
6. Read My Mind
7. Uncle Jonny
8. Bones
9. My List
10. This River Is Wild
11. Why Do I Keep Counting?
12. Exitlude

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Why Do I Keep Counting?
2. Read My Mind
3. My List

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment