Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nicki Minaj - Pink Friday



New Music Tuesday begins with Nicki Minaj. I think I talked last week about her a little bit. She was supposed to drop this last week - but for some reason she pushed it back a week. Maybe for Thanksgiving sales - I'm not really sure. If you guys didn't know, it's a pretty big shopping week this week. FYI. Anyway, I'm excited for this. I've been waiting for a sexy, talented female to compliment hip hop since Lil Kim stopped being her edgy self. Nicki Minaj has all the tools, and is running with the Young Money juggernaut. They are probably the hottest group in the rap game right now with Weezy, Drake and Minaj. I'm hoping that this album doesn't have too many ballady tracks for the sole reason of Nicki being a lady, and selling those sort of songs to the females. I understand that you have to have some, but true rap fans I think want to hear her straight up flow. Her part in Trey Songz 'Bottoms Up' was really sick. If you listen to it unedited, you'll love it. I promise. Getting to this album, the track 'Blazin' might be the best example of her flowing. She really has some mic skills - which is great. You have the couple obligatory chick/poppy songs in 'Your Love' and 'Right Thru Me'. Neither of those are terrible songs, just not ones that I'd actively listen to. Although the beat on Your Love is pretty sick. Regardless, I want to run through this a few more times before I really pass judgment on it. Right now, my first impression is of positive review. I think this could end up being in the top 10 of rap albums this year. That might not be saying a whole lot though, depending on your rap tastes. Give this a whirl today, let me know what ya'll think.

TRACK LISTING:
1. I'm the Best
2. Roman's Revenge
3. Did It On'em
4. Right Thru Me
5. Fly
6. Save Me
7. Moment 4 Life
8. Check It Out
9. Blazin
10. Here I Am
11. Dear Old Nicki
12. Your Love
13. Last Chance

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Roman's Revenge
2. Check It Out
3. Blazin

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment