Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crystal Bowersox - Farmer's Daughter



New Music Tuesday jives back into the fold this week with Crystal Bowersox. Yeah, another American Idol contestant. Another one that also, didn't win. Seems like there is no real prize for winning the show anymore. You can take 17th place and still get that record deal. The only value in that show nowadays is watching the people at the beginning who suck. It's still funny to me that these people really think they're good, but have no clue. It is always sad when there are contestants that have you know, disabilities that still try out - but aren't good singers. I've become a big time softy over the years. Those things are actually sad to me now - versus 10 years ago I'd have probably laughed. Terrible, I know. Anywho, Bowersox. Great last name, TERRIBLE music. Let me justify my criticism. Buffalo Springfield's 'For What It's Worth' is one of the best classic songs of all time. Listen to track two. You all know how much I LOVE covers. I mean, adore them. But this is sheer murder! I mean, no value whatsoever. And then the rest of the album is this confusing, country/indie rock/pop piece of trash. "I want to be your mason baby. I want to build a life with you.." Are you serious? That's a real lyric? Someone wrote that down and though, "YES! We've got a hit!" Wow. I'm embarrassed. At least she did write all these herself, which gives it a half a point kicker to me. Except 'Hold On' which was written by Kara Dioguardi and Chad Kroger from Nickelback. Wait, Nickelback is making a cameo? You've just lost that half point kicker Bowersox. I would say enjoy - but I don't think that's actually possible with this one.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Ridin With the Radio
2. For What It's Worth
3. Farmer's Daughter
4. Holy Toledo
5. Lonely
6. Hold On
7. On the Run
8. Kiss Ya
9. Speak Now
10. Mine All Mine
11. Mason
12. Arlene

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Hold On
2. Uhh, Farmer's Daughter?
3. Uhh-uhh, Mason, because it's so awful

FINAL RATING:
.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment