Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Jewel - Joy, A Holiday Collection



It's time for a little Jewel today. Again at request of JenInTosa - I'm looking at nothing but Christmas or Holiday type albums this week. Reflecting on the last couple of days, listening to these albums has not made me crave this music any further. Listening to a couple albums and reviewing them is really all I can take. One other thing I've come to realize, there are a lot of songs on albums I've heard for the holidays, and never put together that huge singles were holiday singles. This is a prime example of that. I must have heard 'Hands' a million times on the radio - never knew it was a holiday type song. It could be that it really wasn't - but got added to this album by being semi seasonal. No idea. Sure, I could look it up, but I'm feeling lazy this week. So ha! But with Jewel - I've been known to make fun of her snaggletooth in the past. Shallow and lame I know. But it's usually good for a laugh at a party. Try it sometime. Not only did I hear she got that fixed - but she's also very talented. No denying that. I'm not one for pop music often, but there are a few Jewel songs that I cranked up in the car. She's just got that kind of vocal. Very passionate typically, and very smooth. Enjoyable all around. This album has a similar feel to it - except I think this was more "fun" for her. If I had a guess, she really enjoys the Christmas music. And it shows in her performance. She's still awesome, but also having fun while doing it. That's not always the case on albums. This is worth checking out. Regardless of your Christmas fancy.

TRACK LISTING:
1. O Holy Night
2. Silent Night
3. Winter Wonderland
4. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
5. Ave Maria
6. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
7. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
8. Face Of Love
9. Medley
10. I Wonder As I Wander
11. Gloria
12. Hands

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Hands
2. Ave Maria
3. Silent Night

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment