Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, December 27, 2010

Frank Sinatra - Christmas Collection



Welcome Back B Siders!! Hopefully you guys are all rested and ready for your return to work, schoolwork, or whatever else you took a break from during the holidays. I'm on week 2 of vacation from work, so again I'll apologize for my postings being at odd times this week. I plan on getting them all in by 10am, but you know how that goes. Anyway, Sinatra. I had an anonymous request for this in the Suggestion Box. A person who just stumbled upon my blog via Blogspots 'Next Blog' option. It's a neat feature, and would recommend giving it a shot if you're bored one day. Anyway, I don't know anything about this person - other than he or she enjoys this record. And they also would like to become more acquainted with The B Side once the holidays are over. So here's to hoping we have another loyal reader! Sinatra and I have sort of a love/hate thing. I've listened to his music a lot over the years, and there are moments where I really enjoy it, and times when I can't stand to hear another note. I'm in a more forgiving mood today, so my review will probably be a bit nicer. This Christmas album is pretty unique as well. From all of them I did last week - most of them were just reincarnations of old tracks. Sinatra is semi backward here. He's got a bunch of original stuff, and then a few rehashes. It's certainly got that 'classic' feel to it. If you enjoy Christmas music as it was intending to reach your ear, no remix or new twist on it - you'll LOVE this. It's very traditional and very classic. I think this will be my go to album if I'm looking for those type of Christmas tunes.

TRACK LISTING:
1. I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm
2. Christmas Waltz
3. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
4. The Little Drummer Boy
5. We Wish You The Merriest
6. Have Your Self A Merry Christmas
7. Go Tell It On The Mountain
8. The Christmas Song
9. I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
10. I Wouldn't Trade Christmas
11. Christmas Memories
12. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
13. Bells Of Christmas
14. An Old Fashioned Christmas
15. A Baby Just Like You
16. Whatever Happened to Christmas
17. White Christmas
18. Silent Night

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. White Christmas
2. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
3. Go Tell It On The Mountain

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment