Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hinder - All American Nightmare



Let it be noted that this is my first ever review of the band Hinder. Even though I've been criticized in the past for rocking to a couple of their songs. Oh well, what are you gonna do? New Music Tuesday gets a two-fer today, with Tron and now Hinder. I'm not really expecting anything from this. Hinder seems to be similar to Nickelback - in the sense they might have a couple catchy songs, but no real talent. What's fairly crazy is these guys formed in Oklahoma way back in 2001. Their first studio release 'Extreme Behavior' was pretty popular for a couple tracks. Their first taste of mainstream success led them to be inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall Of Fame. (wow, that must be the slowest state in terms of producing music) They dropped another album last year - but I had no idea. I don't think I heard anything off anything but EB. This is classified as 'glam metal' which is a term I kind of understand. Basically saying they want to be hard, but also want to appeal to a more popular audience. Makes sense I suppose. But this album has a very interesting feel to it. There are a few tracks that are quite solid. They have the typical crap - which doesn't make the album buyable in total - but a couple tracks are certainly worth .99 cent download. I know I'm going to pick a few up anyway. Sounds like the only track to see any airplay right now is the title track, 'All American Nightmare'. Yeah, that song is not good. Bet there are around a handful worth checking out. I'll list three in my top 3 piece. Check those out. If you like a couple of those, check out the whole album. It might be for you.

TRACK LISTING:
1. 2 Sides of Me
2. All American Nightmare
3. What Ya Gonna Do
4. Hey Ho
5. Life, The
6. Waking Up the Devil
7. Red Tail Lights
8. Striptease
9. Everybody's Wrong
10. Put That Record On

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Everybody's Wrong
2. Waking Up The Devil
3. Hey Ho

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment