Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, June 30, 2011

B Side Presents, "Freeway Delights - Follow Up"



I know, I know. It's Thursday. Why, oh why am I not doing music reviews? Well B Siders, I'll be candid - I'm just crushed today with busy stuff all day long. So why not move a Friday commentary piece to Thursday right? I thought so too! Glad we're on the same page.

Last week I talked about my top 5 favorite road trip songs. Well, when I took a sweet road trip with three friends last weekend, I put together a playlist. And I'm probably the only person who does this, but I spend quite a bit of time developing a solid arrangement for everyone in the car to enjoy. This is more tasking than people may think, as it means you have to know everyone else's music tastes. Sure, I could play 2 hours worth of music only I love - but what's the fun in that? I think I've said this before, but being a real DJ or a car DJ - there is nothing better than everyone looking at you and telling you that you couldn't have made a better song choice in that moment. Great feeling.

So here is a Grooveshark playlist of what I played for my friends last week. And we had a mix of one guy who loves classic rock and 90's alt rock, one guy who really loves rap and then one who pretty much enjoys anything. So I geared my playlist toward the three of them, so all of them can sing a bit and enjoy the ride. Note that the playlist is simply in alphabetical order. I tossed the iPod on shuffle and let it ride. There are a couple tracks I couldn't add, since Grooveshark didn't have them. Those were:

Clipse - Intro (off Lord Willin')
Smashing Pumpkins - Eye (Soundtrack)
Smashing Pumpknis - End Is The Beginning Is The End (Soundtrack)

Hopefully you guys like the list too! Maybe there are a couple tracks in there I can turn ya'll on to!

Shoot me your list sometime!

LISTEN TO THE LIST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment