Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Corrosion Of Conformity - Deliverance



COC is just one of those bands. I'm not 100% sure how I stumbled across them, but I've known about them for a really long time, and never given them the proper time of day. It's completely inexplicable, since I tend to enjoy the couple singles I've heard from them over the years. They're from college town Raleigh, North Carolina and started making metal music in 1982. Certainly didn't realize they'd been around since before I was born. That's kinda nuts. They have quite a few albums out there, 7 all in total. Actually an 8th slated to be on the way sometime this year. The first came out all the way back in 1984 with this particular record dropping in 1994. It's also their best selling album - but don't get too excited about sales. It has only generated 400k or so in sales - nothing to write to the label about. They've gone through a ton of different band members - and messed around with the sound a couple of times. They started as more of a punk band, and changed to model after "James Hetfield or Ozzy Osbourne" and generate those types of sounds. This is certainly more up that alley - maybe a little less hard than Metallica or Ozzy/Sabbath. This was the first record with Pepper Keenan as lead singer, where he still resides today. All in all, I enjoy this record. I can understand why it's not the most popular thing on the block, but I think any metal fan would enjoy it. Heck, I think any rock fan would enjoy it. It's not overly hard, not shouty - just a nice rock feel. Give it a go today, you'll be surprised.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Heaven's Not Overflowing
2. Albatross
3. Clean My Wounds
4. Without Wings
5. Broken Man
6. Senor Limpio
7. Mano de Mono
8. Seven Days
9. #2121313
10. My Grain
11. Deliverance
12. Shake Like You
13. Shelter
14. Pearls Before Swine

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Clean My Wounds
2. Without Wings
3. Albatross

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment