Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bad Meets Evil - Hell: The Sequel



Is it any secret at this point that I enjoy the lyricism and flow of one Marshall Mathers, aka Eminem? No? Okay, good. People might be reading the artist tagline up there and be thinking, "why the heck is this guy talking about Em?" Well fans, I'll tell you. Bad Meets Evil is a hip hop duo that consists of Eminem and Royce da 5'9". A long time ago, before Em made it huge, he dropped a little mixtape album under this moniker. And often times when people ask me what my favorite Em track is, or at least my Top 5 - a song from Bad Meets Evil comes up. There is this track titled 'Scary Movies' that blows my mind clear off. Highly recommend you check that one out today. They also recorded a song called 'Renegade' that got scrapped so Em and Jay-Z could run with it on his 'The Blueprint' album. Royce is another Detroit based rapper who lives basically through Em. I've heard his solo stuff, and let's just say it's nothing to shake a stick at. But his stuff with Em is really solid. And he's also part of the Slaughterhouse group, which Em was trying to sign to Shady Records. This is really only an EP, not a full album. But you can still buy it from Best Buy today for $10 bucks. I have reasonably high expectations for this - solely because how much I enjoyed the first mixtape. It was really a great idea to give this another shot. And while it's 11 tracks and not all of them are amazing, a couple of them are really great sounding to my ear the first go 'round. Royce always did have a really nice flow, and when him and Em showcase it like in a track like 'A Kiss' - it makes you crave more. This is a must listen today for any Em fan, and a highly encouraged listen for any rap fan in general. Still a should listen to the casual music fan, as it's an easy fun listen. A couple tracks really got me going, so now I'm all hyped up inside. Happy Tuesday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Welcome 2 Hell
2. Fastlane
3. Reunion, The
4. Above the Law
5. I'm On Everything
6. Kiss, A
7. Lighters
8. Take From Me
9. Loud Noises
10. Living Proof
11. Echo

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Fast Lane
2. A Kiss
3. Living Proof

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment