Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rusko - O.M.G.!



It's been a while since I've ran a Techno Tuesday entry - so here comes the hotstepper! When I was listening to some dance over the weekend, it made me realize how much this music can pump you up. Running through some DJ's this morning, I stumbled upon Rusko here. Real name Christopher Mercer, he hails from Leeds, England. He was born in 1985 and studied music production at the Leeds College of Music. He got his real production start in 2006 when he dropped something called SNES Dub. Rusko has worked with a ton of different artists, including a recent album reviewed here. He worked with M.I.A on her latest 'Maya' drop. He's stated in interviews he's also worked with Rihanna, TI and on the latest Brittney Spears record. Not too shabby. Recently his Porsche caught on fire at his estate in England. While the fire destroyed pretty much the entire home, he was able to save all of his music backed up on hard drives. This album came out in May of last year in the US. It hasn't made a particularly big splash or anything and critics have thusfar been pretty tough on it. I don't think I'll be that hard on it though. It's a little all over the place, and quite a few cameos on it. Gucci Mane makes an appearance, there is a reggae track and some other funky stuff. All in all, it's a pretty solid dance album. I mean, I wouldn't expect to hear all the tracks at the club or anything - but if this is your genre, it's a more than enjoyable record.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Woo Boost
2. Hold On
3. Rubadub Shakedown
4. Dial My Number
5. I Love You
6. Kumon Kumon
7. Scareware
8. Raver’s Special
9. Feels So Real
10. You’re On My Mind Baby
11. Got Da Groove
12. Oy
13. My Mouth
14. District Line

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Hold On
2. Kumon Kumon
3. Raver's Splash

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment