Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, June 27, 2011

OneRepublic - Dreaming Out Loud



I was doing the country review last week when the artist covered 'Apologize'. I mentioned that it was one of my favorite guilty pleasures of all time. For some reason, it can be any time of day and I can be in any mood - and I adore that song. I figured I'd go back to where it all began, plus do a band that I've been encouraged by in the past but never really gave a fair shake to. These guys are a poppy rock band from Colorado Springs out west. They started doing music in 2002 or so, and at one point in 2005 were the most viewed unsigned act on Myspace. When they collaborated with Timbaland for 'Apologize', they made history by achieving over 10 thousand plays in one week. That mark was short lived as they broke their own mark with the Leona Lewis collaboration 'Bleeding Love'. Not too shabby. This album dropped in 2007 and is certified gold by the RIAA. Back then they were labeled in Rolling Stone's Top 10 artists to watch list. They dropped another record which hasn't charted yet, but produced a fairly big single. They have another album due out this year yet, TBD though. This album is one of those that dabbles in different genres. You've got some super upbeat poppy tracks, but then the bigger ballads that would attract a guy like me. Whatever genre they're playing here, it's good. The album sounds very polished, like a band that's been doing it for a decade. Crisp sound, nice lyrics and an overall sound that a fan could actually identify with. I really recommend this today.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Say (All I Need)
2. Mercy
3. Stop and Stare
4. Apologize - (remix)
5. Goodbye, Apathy
6. All Fall Down
7. Tyrant
8. Prodigal
9. Won't Stop
10. All We Are
11. Someone to Save You
12. Come Home

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Apologize
2. Come Home
3. Mercy

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment