Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Basshunter - Now You're Gone



Ever since I reviewed the latest Deadmau5 album a long while back, I've been really grooving to techno lately. This has made Techno Tuesday even more exciting lately. Buying that album has inspired me to get back into the genre and check out new DJ's. Well, here is another one. Basshunter. AKA Jonas Altberg. He is from Sweden and is a pretty sick producer/singer/songwriter. Apparently he was on some show called Celebrity Big Brother over in the UK. I mean, I've heard of the show before - but never watched it, and never heard of a celebrity edition. Sounds like chaos. Anyhow, it might have been there that people noticed it, and it came out that he'd be diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome. Pretty cool that he's so successful given that little setback. This album dropped in July of 2008. He hasn't made a big splash in the US to this point, but I think it's just a matter of time. This album is platinum in New Zealand...for whatever reason. I didn't realize they had such a big dance market down undah. See what I did there? I typed with an Australian accent. I'm hilarious. Anyway, I'm seeing some critics are super harsh on this album. While it may not be the most diverse of dance records, it does what you want it to do. Which is make you want to move around and shake your money maker. Solid beats, some pretty fun lyrics too. Give this a whirl today. It's a fun listen.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Now You're Gone
2. All I Ever Wanted
3. Please Don't Go
4. I Miss You
5. Angel In The Night
6. In Her Eyes
7. Love You More
8. Camilla
9. Dream Girl
10. I Can Walk On Water
11. Bass Creator
12. Russia Privjet
13. Boten Anna
14. Dota
15. Now You're Gone
16. All I Ever Wanted

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Now You're Gone
2. Please Don't Go
3. Russia Privet

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment