Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, February 28, 2011

Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury



It's been such a long time since I've done a really good, under the radar rap album for you guys. I know there aren't a ton of you who are big rap fans like me, but for those couple that are - I know you'll really appreciate this one. I always talk about artists that are the "best you're not listening to". Here is another one. Clipse is one of the best rap acts you're not listening to. I reviewed 'Lord Willin' a while back, and gave it positive feedback. I think more people are getting semi used to Pusha T - since he's been really hitting the callabo circuit hard. (see Kanye's single 'Runaway') Even though Lord Willin' was not as good of an album, that nearly sold a million copies - where this album has only sold around 300k. In terms of radioplay singles, this album only had two. 'Wamp Wamp' and 'Mr. Me Too'. Both of those are solid tracks - but just scratch the surface of what else is on this record. They talked about the release of this album, and a bit of the controversy that surrounded it. I'm just going to paste the long quote in, not edit it for content. So in case I have any PG readers out there, be warned. "We were ready to get into the thick of things with the success of the first album … the songs we had done were really hot, but at that point in time we were in a different place, we were happier. Time passed, and we saw it was a big hold up, and the momentum, the people that waited for us, we took too long. We couldn't dare come out in the same mind frame as we did in Lord Willin' - so, now we mad, we angry, we pissed the fuck off." This just happens to coincide with what I talked about on the last review. Sometimes the anger/strife/badness can create a really good album. As is the case here. This album is darn near perfect. Rap perfection anyway. This is really a MUST listen if you're a rap fan. I put it on fairly often, and everytime walk away with a smile on my face.

TRACK LISTING:
1. We Got It For Cheap
2. Momma I'm So Sorry
3. Mr. Me Too
4. Wamp Wamp (What It Do)
5. Ride Around Shining
6. Dirty Money
7. Hello New World
8. Keys Open Doors
9. Ain't Cha
10. Trill
11. Chinese New Year
12. Nightmares

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Mr. Me Too
2. Momma I'm Sorry
3. Hello New World

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. My cousin put me onto this one a little while before its release.

    Agreed. "Mr Me Too" and "Wamp Wamp" were my main squeezes. The Neptunes always seem to lay down nice beats, don't matter for who.

    Agreed again, the times I heard this hit the airwaves was very limited. Its like, when something is worthy, its not widely accepted, but if its mediocre in a way, then "ohh, bring it" What?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello new world, here we come on them twinkie trains, with the hood screaming, "we on our way!"

    I love that song. Mr. Me Too has one of the SICKEST beats of any rap song, ever. Just mind blowing.

    No matter what mainstream says, Clipse is an awesome duo. Pusha T is a great rapper and deserves WAY more credit.

    ReplyDelete