Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction



Almost a full year, and I haven't reviewed any GNR. And it's not because I've been avoiding it or anything. Historically, I enjoy them quite a bit. This album in fact, came out in 1987. I recall my parents buying this cd sometime around 1990. It was a big listen in my household when I was very young. I recall singing along with many of the tracks. Something about the opening to 'Paradise City' as a small child really stuck with me over the years. Obviously most people would point to the opening of 'Jungle' as the big hitter on this record - but it wasn't for me. Plus I probably haven't listened to this whole thing since I was a small child. Putting it on again today, wow. I mean, this whole thing is rock solid. I typically don't enjoy the 80's brand of hair metal/rock music, but this is pretty on point. They started up by merging a bunch of different bands to form GNR. They put out a small EP in 1986 to generate some buzz. That small EP has become a huge collectors item now if you still have one. I don't think they needed to, as AFD is a SICK 18x platinum in the states. There are a TON of HUGE singles from this album. I mean, think about even the 'small' ones like Mr. Brownstone, Sweet Child O' Mine etc. Those were pretty big by most standards. There is lots of information about this album out there. If you want to go overboard, you could spend a day reading about it. I'm just going to tell you it's rock solid, and you should listen to to it today. Happy Thursaday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Welcome to the Jungle
2. It's So Easy
3. Nightrain
4. Out Ta Get Me
5. Mr. Brownstone
6. Paradise City
7. My Michelle
8. Think About You
9. Sweet Child O' Mine
10. You're Crazy
11. Anything Goes
12. Rocket Queen

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Welcome To The Jungle
2. Sweet Child O' Mine
3. Paradise City

FINAL RATING:
4.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment