Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Ricky Martin - Musica + Alma + Sexo



Oh New Music Tuesday - sometimes you are an ironic, cruel mistress. Not long ago, follower janis! was telling me to listen to some Ricky Martin old school stuff. She seemed to think that I'd enjoy it a lot more than my brain allowed me to believe. We all know about he's from Puerto Rico...and we all know that he got his start in the small boy band Menudo. We all know his crossover to English/American sensation with 'La Vida Loca'. But I'm told it was his not known tracks that would surprise me. Well, I never did get a chance to review and older - complete Martin record. So here we sit today, brand new album dropped this morning. Hot off the press. I will say, a bad start is seeing they dropped this at a very strange 5.99 asking price. Usually new music will be cheaper - but still 9.99 or so. TBD on what the reason for the low number is. Martin has sold tens of millions of records worldwide. Most of those sales stem around two albums. This is his 9th studio release. There isn't a lot of really fun information about this album out there. There have been two singles released that have seen modest radio success thus far. One single dropped as long ago as early November of 2010. Kind of crazy. I'm not sure if this is being released in English or not - I'm currently listening to it in Spanish. Which for me isn't bad, because I'm fluent. But I could see the frustration if you don't understand anything. Anyways, this is different. It's a pop/dance/indie feel all over the place. Some of the dance tracks are pretty sick - which is nice to listen to. All in all, I'm not disappointed in this - but I'm not going to rush out and spend 6 bucks either. So I'll let you all decide. Let me know what you think of Ricky Vol. 9.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Mas
2. Frio
3. Lo Mejor De Mi Vida Eres Tu
4. Te Vas
5. Tu Y Yo
6. Cantame Tu Vida
7. Te Busco Y Te Alcanzo
8. Sera Sera
9. No Te Miento
10. Basta Ya
11. Best Thing About Me is You, The
12. Shine
13. Frio [Marioso Dejes£s Remix Version]

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Tu Y Yo
2. Mas
3. The Best Thing About Me Is You

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment