Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Benny Benassi - Hypnotica



Techno Tuesday strikes back with a beaty, robotic vengeance today! I've known about Mr. Benassi for a while now - just simply forgot to share him with you guys. So here we go. Benny was born and raised in Milan, Italy. Not exactly a hot bed for super hot - top 10 DJ talent. But he was born into a big time music family. He has direct family that were also highly sought after producers and beat men. He seems to be continuing the trend of Benassi legends. I first heard an older house album of his - and I recall it being pretty sick. But that sound was MUCH different than what he's dropping in today's techno style world. His music is very robotic in terms of how you'd dance to it and also the stretched out vocals. You know, like back in the day when you first got your computer to speak what you typed. That kind of sound to it. 'Hypnotica' here came out in 2003 and dropped amidst some pretty nice controversy. There were multiple videos to drop for this single, and all of them had a little bit different twist. Basically though, the controversy all was surrounded by the overall sexual nature of the videos. One video showed an 80's style workout video with women all dressed in very tight, revealing spandex clothing. Oh, sorry - I should have mentioned, these are all videos for the track 'Satisfaction'. Personally, I didn't think they were that big of a deal. I mean, look at the Shake Weight commercials today - not that much different. Regardless, that song is awesome, and this album is a fun techno listen. It's not perfect - but it's a good one. Give it a shot - you might get your toes tapping too.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Satisfaction
2. Able to Love
3. No Matter What You Do
4. Let It Be
5. Love Is Gonna Save Us
6. Inside of Me
7. I Wanna Touch Your Soul
8. I'm Sorry
9. Time
10. Put Your Hands Up
11. Get Loose
12. Change Style
13. I Love My Sex
14. Don't Touch Too Much

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Satisfaction
2. Inside Of Me
3. I'm Sorry

FINAL RATING:
3.5 out of 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. When you mentioned the part of the era when computer talked when you typed, I immediatly thought of that movie 'Blank Check' where the little boy fills in the amount on the Mac computer after the guy hits him on his bike. I love that movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I would have never thought of that!

    Did you like the album?

    ReplyDelete