Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cee-Lo Green - The Lady Killer



Continuing with my Grammy theme here, of course I've heard of Cee-Lo before. I love his music for the most part. I remember this cat going all the way back to Goodie Mob - but most of you probably remember him vividly from Gnarls Barkley. I absolutely LOVED that record. Well, I guess they had two - so I'll emphasize I love the St. Elsewhere record. I'm semi surprised I didn't review this one earlier - as I was on the 'F**k You' train pretty early in the single's release. I didn't think it had the merits to be nominated for a Grammy award - but the great people at Glee seemed to really drive up the interest. I wanted to talk about him because of his performance last night. If you didn't see it, check it out on YouTube or something. He was dressed Elton John-esque strumming the piano. Apparently Gwyneth Paltrow did a cameo on Glee where she sang the song or something? I don't watch the show - but I'm sure someone out there does. Anyhow, she sang along with Cee-Lo and a bunch of muppets doing background vocals. It was a very entertaining performance. Cee-Lo seemed to forget the words in the opening, and him and Paltrow seemed to be on different pages a couple other times. But hey - that's what makes live performances so interesting! I kind of wished they'd have just busted out the real lyrics, but it was on 5 second delay - so lot of good that'd have done. Anyway, this album. If you didn't follow my opening, I love his style. He's very unique and the ranges of his works are always second to none. This album has a little bit of everything. Rock n Roll, hip hop, pop, anything. Other than the track everyone knows, this is chalk full of really good toe-tapping tunes. Check 'em on out today. I think you'll be a Cee-Lo fan too.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Lady Killer Theme, The (Intro)
2. Bright Lights Bigger City
3. F**k You
4. Wildflower
5. Bodies
6. Love Gun
7. Satisfied
8. I Want You
9. Cry Baby
10. Fool for You
11. It's OK
12. Old Fashioned
13. No One's Gonne Love You
14. Lady Killer Theme, The (Outro)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. F**k You
2. It's OK
3. I Want You

FINAL RATING:
3.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment