Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Killswitch Engage - As Daylight Dies



Recently I asked follower janis! to drop some good old fashioned metal into the Suggestion Box. The other day she responded by putting in about a dozen albums/artists. That was huge! Thanks a ton janis! All of you keep the Suggestions coming - I'm doing my best to keep getting to them and making sure it's semi-timely. Anyway, Hump Day and Killswitch Engage. These guys are hardcore metal and have been making music since 1999 out of Massachusetts. They formed after two other bands (Overcast and Aftershock) disbanded. They have dropped seven studio albums to date - this one coming out in November of 2006. It peaked at number 32 on the Billboard charts and sold 60,000 copies in the first week. The word is, this proved to be KE's biggest album to date - and many people credit that success again, to pop culture. This version captured the track 'This Fire Burns' which was used as a WWE pay-per-view event theme song. It originally was going to be the entrance music for Randy Orton, but that was scrapped. However, the fans responded so well to the track, it's now the entrance music for CM Punk, and was shortened to 'This Fire'. There was a couple other singles off this album that charted - which also made the rise more monumental for the band. The cover of 'Holy Diver' received generally positive feedback from both critics and fans. I'm kind of 50/50 on this. While a lot of it is too heavy for my tastes, a lot of it is right in my metal wheelhouse. I think I want to listen to this more. There are a few tracks I really enjoyed. Maybe it's a mash-up album where I just buy the singles, I don't know. TBD I guess. Give it a go though, see how it marinates.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Daylight Dies
2. This Is Absolution
3. Arms of Sorrow, The
4. Unbroken
5. My Curse
6. For You
7. Still Beats Your Name
8. Eye of the Storm
9. Break the Silence
10. Desperate Times
11. Reject Yourself
12. Be One (Bonus Song)
13. Let the Bridges Burn (Bonus Song)
14. This Fire (Bonus Song)
15. Holy Diver (Bonus Song)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. This Fire
2. Holy Diver
3. The Arms Of Sorrow

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment