Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Kooks - Inside In/Inside Out



Hump Day strikes with Shaqwanda's request that I look into the Kooks via the Suggestion Box. Hopefully Shaqwanda's still reading, I haven't heard from her in a while. Bring back your comments and Suggestions! I've heard of the Kooks before, just in pop culture - but I can't say I'd ever heard their music. Maybe a song in passing, but nothing sounds super familiar to me. They are classified as indie pop and they come from Brighton - you know, over the big body of water there. They started making music only in 2004. The only reason I say that's odd - is they were signed to a record deal just 3 months after forming. That's VERY unusual. Typically you make garage recordings for years before someone notices you. I think some jealousy may have spewed from that, as the Kooks have been marred by some controversy. Other bands claim the Kooks just steal sounds from others and they only exist in order to sell albums. Apparently the feud is still live in going, after the lead singer of the Kooks kicked the lead singer of the Arctic Monkeys in the face. Even after attempts to patch it up, the discontent still exists. Shaqwanda didn't specify an album, so I went with this one as it was their first, and best selling. This dropped in 2006 and is 4x platinum in the UK. Doesn't looks like it's charted in the states though. I agree with the indie pop status. Seems to fit. The copying claims make me a little weary, and I want to listen to the other bands now. Just curious to see how close they indeed are. This album produced a TON of singles - so check it out. A lot of England-ers really enjoy it, so I'm guessing we might too.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Seaside
2. See the World
3. Sofa Song
4. Eddie's Gun
5. Ooh La
6. You Don't Love Me
7. She Moves In Her Own Way
8. Matchbox
9. Naive
10. I Want You
11. If Only
12. Jackie Big Tits
13. Time Awaits
14. Got No Love

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Naive
2. She Moves Her Own Way
3. Got No Love

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment