Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby



New Music Tuesday has needed to highlight a pop artist for quite a while now. There is a pretty huge pop release coming out at the end of this month, and I know JenInTosa is anxiously awaiting it. For those who don't know, I won't say - but if you're a pop fan you'll be excited. Anyways, I haven't even thought of Avril here in about a decade. Honestly, I had no clue she was still making music. I can safely say I've heard quite a bit of her music, and most of it I found intolerable. I recall hearing 'Complicated' on the radio back in '01 or so, and picking up the album thinking she was more of a Pink style artist. Couldn't have been more wrong on that one. Anyways, she was hailed as a tomboy - gained most of her popularity because of that. She's made a stir because of her tattoos, she did some movie work and she was married and went through a public divorce. She's frankly one of the most uninteresting interesting people I've ever read about. And don't tell me that sentence doesn't make sense...because it does. Her debut record came out officially in 2002, and this one obviously drops today. You'd think after a solid decade of growing in the business, your style and artistry would change. It really hasn't. I mean, she still seems to be singing as though she's a 19 year old pop sensation, and not singing about grown up problems. I don't respect that. The sole single so far is 'What The Hell' which sounds like something any young pop star of today would do. There are a couple of okay tracks, but in general, this is garbage. I don't recommend it...and I only recommend that Lavigne be herself in her next drop, and not try to be the old pop sensation. And if you still don't believe me, listen to track 5 'Smile'. Yeah, sarcastically enjoy.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Black Star
2. What the Hell
3. Push
4. Wish You Were Here
5. Smile
6. Stop Standing There
7. I Love You
8. Everybody Hurts
9. Not Enough
10. 4 Real
11. Darlin
12. Remember When
13. Goodbye
14. Alice (Hidden Track)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Goodbye
2. 4 Real
3. Alice

FINAL RATING:
1 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment