Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Saliva - Back Into Your System



Typically when I think of Memphis, Tennessee - I think of country music, acoustic guitars and big hats. Saliva is pretty much the opposite of all those qualities. (shows what I know...) This band started making music in 1996 or so, and dropping their first album in 1997. I don't think there are many people in the world that heard that first release. The next one came out in 2001, didn't see a ton of initial success though. Which surprises me, because the single 'Click Click Boom' was off that record. That album eventually went 2x platinum, which is their highest selling record. This was the follow up, and the reason I went with this record is the first single I ever heard by Saliva was off this album. The song 'Always' came on the radio one day driving back to school while visiting my girlfriend. And I thought, "man, what a great sound". Little did I know, that little single wasn't a great representation of their music as a whole. Other than 'Click', you have 'Ladies and Gentlemen' and 'Your Disease' as track they are more easily identified by. A lot of people call them "rap metal" which is a description that defies my intelligence. I'm going to put them more in the plain metal category - but they are almost more of a pop metal than anything. I think they make fast paced tracks that can be used by the WWE, UFC or boxing promotions with ease. They still have that hard sound, but you can still sing along. If that makes sense. This album is different. It doesn't contain those types of hits - and overall possesses a different Saliva sound. I like this album. It's not amazing, but I like the different nature of it. I feel this sets the standard in Saliva albums, and I don't think I'll change my mind anytime soon.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Superstar II
2. Weight of the World
3. Always
4. Back Into Your System
5. All Because of You
6. Raise Up
7. Separated Self
8. Rest in Pieces
9. Storm
10. Holdin On
11. Pride
12. Famous Monsters

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Always
2. Rest In Pieces
3. Pride

FINAL RATING:
2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment