Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Everett Thomas - Visions Of The Sea



My super sincerest apologies for the late posts today. I had to sign up for our summer sports leagues this morning and the lines were incredibly long. Fortunately, I had some music keeping me company during my wait, most specifically 'Brothers' by the Black Keys. That's neither here nor there. What is here, is Everett Thomas. Now - every so often I get some really small indie artist that comes across my headphones that not many people have heard of. That's no big deal. What is extremely rare, is when I get something that shows up on Amazon but doesn't even have a Wikipedia page! You've stunned my Mr. Thomas! Album not available at Best Buy and no Wiki page. Very strange indeed. Shaqwanda suggested I listen to this today, and mentioned this fella is a friend of one of her friends. She saw him live a while back, and said his show was (and I quote) "utterly fantastic". All of you know by know that I'm a sucker for 'mood' music, so this is sounding pretty good already. Very acoustic-y and then very soft vocals. There are a couple tracks that seem to be duets, and the sounds blend really well. I feel like what he's doing in terms of sheer style isn't really unique or creative, but when you put it on and just sit back, it sounds fantastic. Track 2 has this great snare beat over his vocal and it's simply captivating. I wish I had some sort of ability to make guy more public, but I'm just a guy with a blog. So I'll give this a really good rating today, hoping to promote local music and get this guy some more followers. Check him out this morning!

TRACK LISTING:
1. New Orleans
2. Firesong
3. Beggars In A Monarch's Parade
4. Claire
5. Visions of the Sea
6. Nighengales
7. Herald Of Hope
8. Spanish Mission Bell
9. She Will Be Stable There
10. Skies Will Fall

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Nightengales
2. Firesong
3. Herald Of Hope

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment