Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dorrough - Dorrough Music



Well hello there rap fans. Some of you may wonder why I don't review more rap records from artists that just had one major hit. Well, so far - that describes this Dorrough fella here. And this came up because my ride back in from Colorado last week, my car mates wanted to hear 'Ice Cream Paint Job' and I didn't have it on my iPod. You would have thought I murdered someone given their reaction. Anyways, Dorrough (aka Dorwin Demarcus Dorrough) is from Houston, Texas. You can hear that signature Houston sound in his music too. It's actually maybe a little dirty dirty ATL in there too. But if you've heard Slim Thug, Mike Jones, Chamillionaire - the sound is very similar. This album dropped in August of 2009 and saw modest success and pretty harsh reviews from critics. And that's pretty easy to understand. Any lesser known rapper who puts out a 15 track album after one really successful single, people tend to expect gold. Now, I can safely say this album isn't amazing, but it's not bad either. It's just an average rap record. There are a couple pretty annoying tracks where the hook is repeated too many times for my taste, but that's pretty common in today's rap music. Party rap as some people would call it. 'ICPJ' is certainly a high end party track that would always get the crowd going. There is maybe one other track that could have that effect as well. The rest, meh. You can listen to it today if you want, but don't expect socks blown off.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Boy I Grind
2. Ice Cream Paint Job
3. She Ain't Got It All
4. Hood Song
5. Flashout
6. Never Changed
7. Feel This Way
8. Piece & Chain Swangin
9. This Time You Was Wrong
10. Walk That Walk
11. Wired to the T
12. Trunk Bang
13. What's My Ringtone
14. Whole Lotta, A
15. Caramel Sundae

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Ice Cream Paint Job
2. Boy I Grind
3. A Whole Lotta

FINAL RATING:
2.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment