Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Strokes - Angles



New Music Tuesday is here today - and there is no shortage of hot new tracks out there this morning. I ended up picked the Strokes over a couple bands because I owe it to myself and you guys to listen to more by this band. I reviewed 'Is This It' way back in June of last year, and it got a positive rating. I think even in that review I realized I have never really given them another shot to win me over. I don't listen to that record very often, so I'm not sure what to expect with this one. Julian Casablancas does the lead vocals, and I really enjoy his work. He did a great job in the Lonely Island track 'Boombox' as well. Even though these guys are from New York - they have a much bigger following in the UK and overseas. The Strokes have been on a break since 2005 or so, and from certain message boards, a lot of fans weren't really missing their sound. Which is a bit of a bummer, because I really liked their previous stuff. Despite the fact this record just dropped today, the band already told fans about another album they want to come out this year yet. Crazy. Anyway, this is a pretty short listen - 10 tracks. It's got a similar sound to 'Is This It' and that's a very good thing. I'm still classifying this as rock music - because it's so raw and unassuming. It feels good while you're going through it and it's very easy to have this on in the background and be grooving while doing something else. No individual tracks have really stuck out to me thusfar, but the record as a whole has had a really good vibe for me. I'd encourage ya'll to try it out today - I think if you liked any Strokes you've heard previous, there is no reason you wouldn't enjoy this one also. Happy Tuesday!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Machu Picchu
2. Under Cover of Darkness
3. Two Kinds of Happiness
4. You're So Right
5. Taken for a Fool
6. Games
7. Call Me Back
8. Gratisfaction
9. Metabolism
10. Life is Simple in the Moonlight

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Under Cover Of Darkness
2. Call Me Back
3. Two Kinds Of Happiness

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment