Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Distillers - Coral Fang



Hump Day arrives with a snowy morning here in Wisconsin. It caught a lot of people off guard they had to spend an extra 10-15 minutes on their commute since no one was expecting snow. I say, good - more time to listen to sick tuneage while stuck in snowy traffic. Shaqwanda may have been jamming away to the Distillers this morning on her ride, as she is the person who asked me to look into this band via the Suggestion Box. Had never heard of them before, so I'm in the new to me boat as well as probably a lot of you readers out there. These guys formed in 1998 in Los Angeles, California. I can't seem to find any reasoning behind why those chose the name, which is kind of sad. It's an interesting pick. Their early signature and claim to fame was lead singer Brody Armstrong, a woman with a super harsh punk rock voice. It sounds like she was made for this exact thing. This was their third and final studio release, not charting on the RIAA certifications. The band split up and the Brody (now knows as Dalle after her divorce to Rancid's Tim Armstrong) and the lead guitar man Tony formed their owned band called Spinnerette. I'll have to look into them someday. The cover art of this album is fairly interesting. I won't get into my interpretation of it...but it's an odd one. The music is pretty solid punk rock style music. The vocal is probably the highlight of it...and didn't pay too close of attention to the words - let me know if I should. It's something I'd listen to every so often. Give it a shot today, see what comes out the other side.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Drain the Blood
2. Dismantle Me
3. Die on a Rope
4. Gallow Is God, The
5. Coral Fang
6. Hunger, The
7. Hall of Mirrors
8. Beat Your Heart Out
9. Love Is Paranoid
10. For Tonight You're Only Here to Know
11. Death Sex

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. The Hunger
2. Coral Fang
3. Beat Your Heart Out

FINAL RATING:
3 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment