Friday, March 4, 2011
B Side Presents, "Friday Gut Check - X Rated"
The other day I commented how this blog has for the most part been family friendly. While I don't intend to really become full of curse words and x rated materials, I do recognize that some people enjoy more adult lyrical content. Personally, I'm by no means a prude or anything - but a lot of those types of songs make me generally uncomfortable. Now, most tracks are pretty tame and don't effect me in the slightest - for example, any of the tracks by the very sexy Nicki Minaj pictured above. In fact, the whole Young Money camp has done fairly risque tracks like 'Every Girl', 'Lollipop' and 'Best I Ever Had'. But those are all PG x-rated tracks. I know that's an oxymoron, but it happens.
Here is a list of my Top 5 songs that I generally can't listen to. At least not on any sort of regular basis. And if you're a parent and you see this song on an iPod - and let's say your kid is under 12 - you may want to dig into their personal lives a bit. Just sayin'. ENJOY!
5. How Many Licks - Lil' Kim: Of course she had to be on this list. She's the queen of female based dirty lyrics. This is probably the one she's best known for too. There are so many things she says in this songs that would make the hardest grown man blush like a little girl. This song was also reasonably popular, which blows my mind a bit. Good beat though, and is there anyone more irrelevant now than Sisqo??
4. Wait (The Whisper Song) - Ying Yang Twins: In item one of two that has top 10 beats of all time, this song from that standpoint is sick. Another rapper should really sample this beat and drop something amazing over it. What makes me think this song is so funny, is would that ever really work? I mean if a guy whispered "wait 'till you see my d**k" in a girls ear, they become smitten? I HIGHLY doubt it.
3. Pop That P***y - 2 Live Crew: The original on the list. There was probably never a song more controversial ever than this. It was banned in the USA and the group became social pariahs because of it. I was a little kid when this came out and couldn't comprehend why it was so bad. My older sister had the tape and used to run around the house singing this track. Funny in retrospect.
2. My Neck, My Back - Khia: Wow. I didn't even want to put this song on my list. It's basically impossible to listen to. I really want to find one person who hears this song and thinks, "That's my jam!!!" It's just....uhhh, no words can describe it. And by the way if you're keeping score at home, Khia is NOT Lil' Kim. Look up a photo sometime.
1. Play - David Banner: I only really put this number one because I WANT to listen to this more because the beat is just amazing. Really, really amazing. But I can't. I can't even imagine putting this on in the car given the lyrics and maybe rolling up to a grandmother driving next to me. I'd feel terrible. There is an edited version that isn't dirty - but that's like cheating. I sit through it just to get the beat.
I had a couple others that didn't make the list...and maybe you guys never even thought about this before. But hey, don't judge. =)
ENJOY THE WEEKEND!