Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, March 21, 2011

In This Moment - A Star-Crossed Wasteland



Back on the horse. Back from vacation and ready to roll up my sleeves and dig back into work, and also get back on the blogging horse. My sincerest apologies for my absence, but Heidi did a great job while I was gone. One of these days I'm going to get her to review albums...one of these days. So getting back and strumming through the Suggestion Box, I came up on what follower janis! referred to as a 'fun' album here in In This Moment. These guys are a gothic metal band from the streets of Los Angeles. They formed in 2005 and signed to a fairly small label. This album dropped in mid 2010 to some fairly good feedback. A few tracks have been heard in pop culture, with the biggest being 'The Gun Show'. The lead vocalist Maria Brink was named 2010's 'Hottest Chick in Metal' in early 2010 and that's when they announced they announced the release date of this record. They've done some pretty extensive touring, and played with some really huge acts. I have to imagine if you're headed to see Korn or Ozzie, and these guys open - you're just itching to get to the main act. But if these guys live are as good as this album is coming through this morning, it wouldn't be overly disappointing. I really am enjoying this. Again, it's got that Evanescence sort of feel, which I adore. In addition to vocals, Brink also plays quite a bit of piano on this record, which sounds really amazing in spots. First review since I'm back, and I'm giving this a big ol' thumbs up. Give it a whirl today.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Gun Show, The
2. Just Drive
3. Promise, The
4. Standing Alone
5. Star-Crossed Wasteland, A
6. Blazin
7. Road, The
8. Iron Army
9. Last Cowboy, The
10. World in Flames

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. World In Flames
2. The Gun Show
3. A Star Crossed Wasteland

FINAL RATING:
3.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment