Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Radiohead - King Of Limbs



Installation number three today is what I consider the Cadillac of this week's New Music Tuesday trio. Why? Because I've been on this incredible 2 or 3 month Radiohead kick now. I can't get enough of these guys. Everything they do is so different and exciting for me. I adore this alternative random nonsense they do. And that's about the best I can explain their style. It changes on an album to album basis. These guys are also pioneers of offering music exclusively through themselves versus giving a big label any sort of credit for what they do. It started with their last drop 'In Rainbows' where you could go to their web site, pay whatever you wanted for the album and download it. Sure most people paid one whole penny - but that's not the point. Radiohead gave their fans an album that they didn't have to run to the store to buy and didn't have to pay 10 dollars plus. Genius. This album had a similar start. It was offered back in late January I think on their web page for a pre-determined amount. (I think it was 8 dollars) But you had access to it a couple of months before it hit the stores. Since I'm a tangible cd nerd even more than a Radiohead nerd, I will be running out to buy my copy after work today. But I got a hold of the 8 tracks a while back, and have been gingerly listening to them as to not get burned out by the time I reviewed them...yeah, like that's even possible for me. This album's art is based on the fairy tales you'd hear as a kid. The stuff that wouldn't let you go to sleep at night. Personally, I feel the music captured that essence to perfection. Absolute perfection. There are a couple songs where if you drift back and let the music take over, you could imagine you were stuck in this haunting scene and the music was merely the soundtrack of your life. It's very different from other stuff they've done, which is why I love them and this. I wish it were more than 8 tracks, but maybe that's part of the reason I enjoy it. All solid music with no filler. I love it, Radiohead fans will love it - you might too. Happy Tuesday Trio B Siders!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Bloom
2. Morning Mr Magpie
3. Little by Little
4. Feral
5. Lotus Flower
6. Codex
7. Give Up the Ghost
8. Separator

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Little By Little
2. Codex
3. Lotus Flower

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment