Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Monday, July 26, 2010

Bob Dylan - Blonde On Blonde



Ahh yes, Bob Dylan. I'm not going to pretend to be this huge Dylan guy. I mean, I've always enjoyed his music, and I've REALLY respected his song writing abilities. If you hear any song from the 60's, it was probably written by Bobby. He did so many things so well, that he was bound to get imitators. The difference is, they really weren't imitators as much as fellow artists that appreciated what he was doing. Everyone wanted a Dylan written track or collaboration on the new album. He never disappointed. If you are for some reason not familiar with his style, he's got a big blues background, followed by a folk rock addition. Probably the best singer/songwriter ever. And if you've never heard his stuff, he's known for a very gravely, unrefined voice. I think that always adds to his music. If he sang like an angel, I don't think his blues would be quite as effective to the listener. His music (for the most part) pulls you in and makes you want to listen to more. I think he does have a couple records that are a little weaker, but that's what happens when you make music through 6 decades. I don't think I can even attempt to say anything bad about this record - it's really that good. It provides a great imagery that most current bands seem to miss out on. I personally still haven't gotten through half of his entire catalog, but as I do - I'll post. I'm sure I'll find more Dylan that I wouldn't pick up, but I'm sure I'll also find more that I love. B Siders, I love this one, so please take a listen. It's certain to make your Monday disappear.

TRACK LISTING:
2. Pledging My Time
3. Visions of Johanna
4. One of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later)
5. I Want You
6. Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again
7. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat
8. Just Like a Woman
9. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine)
10. Temporary Like Achilles
11. Absolutely Sweet Marie
12. 4th Time Around
13. Obviously 5 Believers
14. Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
2. I Want You
3. 4th Time Around

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment