Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pixies - Surfer Rosa



How's this for a great band that just doesn't sell records. Now, I'll admit - I really only heard of Pixies again because of a movie. If you recall the ending to a certain film (one of the best of all time) you'll recall Ed Norton watching the world fall because of his drones. They play a Pixie song as him and Helena Bonham Carter watch it all. So I guess this is movie inspired band day on the B Side. Once I found them though - there was no turning back. These guys are really great. They formed in Boston all the way back in 1986...LONG time ago. They reunited in 2004 and have been making more music and touring ever since. I'm not even going to go too much into their style and influences because I think you should just listen to them. Leave your pre-conceived notions at the door. I can't imagine someone going in with an open mind and not coming out impressed. But this was their second studio album, and it went gold. None of the Pixies albums have sold better than that. All gold status. What a shame. I'm going to help to spread the knowledge today and tell you, listen to this. You can even buy it. It's that good. Happy Wednesday and enjoy the Pixies!

TRACK LISTING:
1. Bone Machine
2. Break My Body
3. Something Against You
4. Broken Face
5. Gigantic
6. River Euphrates
7. Where Is My Mind?
8. Cactus
9. Tony's Theme
10. Oh My Golly!
11. Vamos - (Spanish)
12. I'm Amazed
13. Brick Is Red
14. (Untitled) (Hidden Track)

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Where Is My Mind?
2. Gigantic
3. Bone Machine

FINAL RATING:
4.5 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment