Song of the Moment

J. Cole - Lost Ones

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bush - Sixteen Stone



Ahh yes. Alt rock and 90's rock. Have I said how much I loved this time period for music? I think I have. Here is yet another great album from 1994. There was an overload of great new artists and records coming out at this time...so many that you couldn't keep track back in the day. And to be honest, I don't think I really picked up on Bush and really heard this album until 1996 or so. I remember hearing 'Zen' on MTV and the radio, but it never really clicked for me. When Razorblade Suitcase dropped, I really went back to the previous record to see what that was all about. Let me tell you, this album is by far the best in their collection. As good as other may be, this one is truly great. These guys met, made a band - had problems - broke up and now reunited. Doesn't that seem to be a very similar story to almost every rock band ever created? Stereotyping aside, I think these guys had a really nice, new blend back in the day. A nice mix of hard, heavy guitar and then ballad tracks all mixed up into one bright orange label. This album is over 6x platinum in the US and for good reason. Monstrous singles and an overall great feel even when you listen to it to this day. They recently talked about putting a new one out this fall and they released a single to be on the record. I wasn't very impressed with the single, but who knows what'll happen come album time. I'll give it a chance, but until then - I'll just sit back and enjoy the old Bush I've grown to love.

TRACK LISTING:
1. Everything Zen
2. Swim
3. Bomb
4. Little Things
5. Comedown
6. Body
7. Machinehead
8. Testosterone
9. Monkey
10. Glycerine
11. Alien
12. X-Girlfriend

Listen To Samples

Top 3 Tracks:
1. Glycerine
2. Comedown
3. Machinehead

FINAL RATING:
4.25 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment